We would like to say a huge thank you to everyone who has supported our school. We acknowledge that without their ongoing support, our school would not be the great learning space that it is.
- Parents contribute so much to our school and we are immensely grateful for their support. Parents provide transport, accompany us on school trips, coach and manage Saturday morning sports teams, become part of our Friends of the School, and serve on our Board of Trustees. We would like to thank you for being part of your child’s education.
- Marton Christian Welfare makes a generous financial donation to our school every year which is always appreciated. Their wonderful volunteers also bring Milo to our school so our students can have a hot Milo in the cold winter months.
- Marton New World has supported our school over many years providing all sorts of goodies for fundraising activities undertaken by our students. We appreciate their continued support.
- Bonny Glen invites funding applications each year, and South Mākirikiri School has been granted funds for many projects on our school grounds and in our classrooms. They have also provided opportunities for our students to fundraise for events such as school camps and trips.
- JBS Dudding Trust continues to provide opportunities for our school to apply for funding. Thanks to the trust, we have been able to purchase ICT equipment that is used by students of all ages on their STEM journey.
- T G McCarthy Trust donates funding on a biennial basis to be used for library purchases. Our students enjoy reading a large and diverse range of books due to McCarthy Trust’s generosity.
- Fuel for School, Fern Energy – The Fuel for Schools sponsorship programme has helped put over $1.7 million dollars of resources into more than 600 rural schools in the last fifteen years. Fern Energy believes in the power of connecting kids with nature. Hands-on gardening experiences not only teach crucial life skills but also create social bonds and boost well-being. Once our school has reached our $1,000 target, we can redeem from a range of sports, technology, literacy, music, and now Vegepod packages. Our sincere thanks to the following local businesses and farms who nominated our school: Fraser Auret Racing, Waipuna Land Company Limited, Taylor Contracting 2007 Ltd, Wigglesworth Partnership, Knottingly Farm, Puketiro Farm, R & A Simpson Farming Ltd, AC Major, Bushmere Partnership, Transom livestock Ltd, Waimutu Trust
We would also like to thank all those sponsors and volunteers who helped us make our 150th Jubilee Celebration a huge success in April 2023. We acknowledge the huge amount of work that went into making this an extra special event.
We would appreciate it if you could support all these organisations who have helped our school when you can.