Our Board of Trustees in partnership with our Principal, Greg Allan, endeavour to ensure all our students achieve educational success. Our board’s key focus is improving student achievement. We are responsible for setting the school’s overall direction through policy setting and strategic planning and, in consultation with our Principal, setting targets for identified achievement gaps. We monitor our progress, self-review and strive for continuous improvement. We strive to be proactive rather than reactive. We recognise our role of governance and delegate management to the Principal.
South Mākirikiri School and the Board of Trustees
- Acknowledge the special status of Māori as Tangata Whenua of Aotearoa New Zealand,
- Recognise Te Reo Maori, Maori Language 1987 as an Official Language of Aotearoa New Zealand and
- Embraces Te Tiriti O Waitangi the Treaty Of Waitangi 1840 as the founding document of Aotearoa New Zealand as a nation.
Board of Trustees 2023:
- Libby Rayner | Presiding Member: email@example.com
- Sharyn Drylie | Staff Representative: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Kate Nitschke | Elected Representative: email@example.com
- Maria Clayton | Elected Representative: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Rob Simpson | Elected Representative: email@example.com
- Michael Knox | Elected Representative: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Greg Allan | Principal: email@example.com
Te Ara Huarau
Te Ara Huarau is the evaluation approach that the Education Review Office (ERO) is using in our school. This a developmental approach to evaluation where ERO and our school work together over time rather than one-off reviews that happened previously. Te Ara Huarau is used in most English-medium state and state-integrated schools.
ERO maintains a regular review programme to evaluate and report on the education and care of young people in the schools. Our school worked alongside ERO to write our Profile Report. This type of report will only happen once as part of our initial engagement with Te Ara Huarau. The profile report reflects our strategic goals and a shared evaluation focus on one or more areas that are important to us as we work together to improve outcomes for all our learners. ERO, like us, has a strong focus on equity and excellence. Future reporting will show our progress and achievement toward meeting the goals we have set. Public reports like the Profile Report are published on ERO’s website. A Board Assurance Report that shows how we are meeting regulatory and legislative requirements has also been published.
Libby Rayner, Presiding Member, Board of Trustees
Right: Our 2023 Agri Kids team.