Update on Covid @ South Mak

Evening family and whanau, The weather truly has made it very pleasant around school for all those able to attend.  Just as an update, alongside our current number of students and families isolating due to Covid we have been informed of a student who was at school today that has

Read More

Principal's Vlogs

Update on Start of Year managing Covid:

Friday 28th January Dear Parents, Caregivers and Whānua, There are exciting times ahead. Come Tuesday the 1st of February we will enter another interesting year for education and for our whole community. I have waited to send information about how we will be starting the year until we have the

View Vlog

Covid-19 Updates

Pet Day

In light of our current Covid restrictions, we have had some clarity about having gatherings at school. I have been working with the Ministry of Education guidelines which are as follow: “As soon as your event or activity brings people onsite who are not there for education purposes, including students, parents and caregivers, then the

Read More

Returning to School under Level 2

We are looking forward to Thursday morning and the opportunity to see as many of our tamariki back at school. School will be open from 8:00am and students will be encouraged to use the sanitizer upon entry to school and the classrooms. Any parents coming into school please use the covid tracer app which is

Read More

Latest Update on Start back at School for Level 2.

Morena everyone. I have held off sending too many details until we received the latest update from the MOE. This has yet to arrive in my inbox but these are the plans for the next two days.  As the Prime Minister has stated, schools have 48 hours to ensure that schools are ready for opening

Read More

Preparing for this week:

Those who are essential workers can you please advise by email that you will require supervision for your children on Monday and Tuesday. Please email Like many of you, we will be waiting in anticipation for Tuesday’s announcement or if it comes any earlier for alert level changes. We will be prepared and organized

Read More

Important Planning for Level 3 transition: Please complete form.

Afternoon everyone, I am sure you all have been awaiting 3:00 announcement from the Prime Minister. As a result of the announcement to move to Level 3 at 11:59 Tuesday the 31st of August we need to put the planning in place now for as a school we will operate. South Makirikiri school will be

Read More