Update on Covid @ South Mak

Evening family and whanau, The weather truly has made it very pleasant around school for all those able to attend.  Just as an update, alongside our current number of students and families isolating due to Covid we have been informed of a student who was at school today that has

Read More

Principal's Vlogs

Update on Start of Year managing Covid:

Friday 28th January Dear Parents, Caregivers and Whānua, There are exciting times ahead. Come Tuesday the 1st of February we will enter another interesting year for education and for our whole community. I have waited to send information about how we will be starting the year until we have the

View Vlog

Ski Trip Cancelled

Kia Ora Whanau,

I had sent emails out but am aware some people may not be receiving the emails:

Kia ora Whanau,
Many of you will be aware of the snow season on Mt Ruapehu coming to a sudden halt last week. 
We have been in constant communication with Tukino Ski Field and while they remain very optimistic about getting some spring snow storms they have lost all of their snow base at present.
With this in mind and knowing what is even available at Whakapapa and Turoa we are going to make the hard decision early and cancel the Ski experience for 2022. While this is disappointing I feel it is the best decision, making sure the students get the best experience possible.
We appreciate there are students who have been waiting two years to get to the snow and it just seems we have had rotten luck with Covid in 2021 and now warm weather.
We will look at setting aside a date for 2023 and will work on gaining some fundraising opportunities to support this trip in the future. Those who have funds from the previous fundraising could be transferred to end of year camps. Please let me know if this is what you would like to do with the fundraised money.
Ngā mihi
Greg Allan
South Makirikiri School
06 3276617   0272435147